Status of vaccine research and development of vaccines for HIV-1
Safrit, Jeffrey T. et.al. (2016), Vaccine Vol. 34, Iss. 26, 2921-2925
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is the cause of one of the most lethal pandemics in human history, although in recent years access to highly effective anti-retroviral therapy has provided new hope worldwide. Transmission of HIV by sexual contact, childbirth and injection drug use has been reduced, but 2 million are newly infected each year, and much of the transmission is from people who do not know their status. In addition to known methods, a preventive vaccine is needed to end the pandemic...
Open Access Helper identifies the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) for a scientific articles typically embedded
in the page source. It will then query the API of unpaywall.org, core.ac.uk and Open Access Button
to see if a legal Open Access Copy might be available. If there is, you see an orange or green badge
on the top right of the page.
An orange badge indicates that an Open Access Copy can be found at a different location. Click it to go there.
A green badge indicates that an Open Access Copy is available at this very location.
But there are a few more neat tricks:
- If you highlight text on the page and right-click, you can send the selected text to popular Open Access Search Engines
- If you require a screen reader, the badge will announce itself via an Aria Live region
- If you prefer keyboard navigation, hit ctrl+alt+o to action the alternative
- Want to know what's happening? Open the Developer Console (alt+cmd+i) to see details [you might need to enable this]
- And there is more, of course...